Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Perfect Weekend

Saturday morning hiking, the start of fall colours.....

An evening with friends, games, and chocolate hazelnut fondue to celebrate Colin's birthday.....

Warm banana muffins (Ina Garten's Banana Crunch Muffins) on Sunday morning....these were very good! One modification...I was sleepy while making them (at 6am, which is when the boy woke me up) and forgot the sugar, only remembering when they were already in the tins. No big deal, the bananas were sweet enough I figured, so I just sprinkled the tops with cinnamon sugar, which gave them the nice crackled effect. Yummy and definitely sweet enough, but next time I'll add some just to see.

Followed by a visit to the pumpkin patch and lunch out at a country hotel.

Loaded the trunk full of pumpkins, wheat and mums, and spent Sunday afternoon decorating the house, just in time for Thankgiving!

And to top it all off, a visit from my mom and Colin's parents, and a tasty Sunday dinner- including my "perfect" cheescake (his words....) for Colin's birthday.

2 comments:

Berlinswhimsy said...

Oh yum. That chocolate fondue looks SOOOOO good! My favorite is sponge cake to dip with but I realize fruit is much more nutritious.

Your fall colors look fabulous, too.

Anonymous said...

Hey, we made the blog! Thanks for hosting a fabulous evening of wine, fondue, friends and camaraderie!
Katie