Friday, August 3, 2007

And so it begins.....

Today's the day.....I set up the blog a couple of months ago and then never got around to doing anything to it. Like so many other projects in the last couple of years....fallen by the wayside in a flurry of raising a kid, working, renovating a house, maintaining friendships and taking care of the assorted life crises that keep coming my way.....

So here we go....what's this all about? I'm not really sure yet, so this will be a work in progress. I just feel the need to write lately....and heck, why not put it out there for all the world to see! Maybe a bit on working motherhood and how maybe it's not all it's cracked up to be....how there's no way to keep everyone well taken care of and still take care of yourself so you can take care of everyone else. And so it goes. Maybe when I step back and feel a bit more positive, a bit on the simple joy of seeing that all the effort, all the stress and all the sleeplessness is likely worth it when you see your beautiful boy laugh and smile and he's healthy and good; when your husband tells you 10 times a day that he loves you (even though it gets on my nerves when I'm just trying to get something done so I can FINALLY sit down, deep down I know I'm lucky!); when friends and family sit at your table and enjoy the meal you've made and drink wine (usually too much!) and laugh like crazy people; or when you're pulling weeds in the garden at dawn so you can avoid the oppressive Ontario heat and smog and noticing that the yard you almost died landscaping (because of said heat, smog and godawful weeds!) is really really really beautiful. Maybe it's a way to stay connected with friends and a sister that I just don't see enough of, of letting people who are important know where I'm at, what I'm doing and why they don't hear from me that much! Maybe it's simply a way of tracking my life, and sharing my life, and making myself see that even though it's been stressful and sad lately, there really is a lot of joy. Okay, enough heavy stuff.....I really am a glass is half full person! For sure there will be pictures, recipes and stories of renos gone bad and good!

What am I about? These days, I work full time, try my best to be a great mom to my 2.5 year old son, cook, do laundry, garden, etc. and when I'm done with that I may bless my darling husband with some attention. We're neck deep in home renos and landscaping, I'm super-busy at work, and am about to immerse myself in duties at my son's co-op pre-school (not sure yet how I'll feel about being around all those kids!). I work full time at a job I love, or love most of the time at least. I love to cook and entertain, and I love making and creating- cooking, sewing, painting, crafting, garden, decorating, whatever- just wish I had more time!

Okay, now it's time to go converse with my husband for his alotted 10 miuntes a day :)

No comments: