Sunday, August 5, 2007

A day at the beach







Saturday was beach day, because you have to go to the beach on a Canadian long weekend! We've decided recently that we need to stop working around the house so much and simply do nothing and having some family fun. Of course, doing nothing really means doing plenty of prep work so you can spend a few hours doing nothing! So, we spent an hour making a picnic lunch, packing up sand toys and beach umbrellas and suncreen and towels and everything else we'd possibly need for a day at the beach, or a week away if I'm honest about it. Then we spent two hours driving, with a couple of stops for traffic jams, coffee, snacks, my husband's never ending washroom breaks (I'm restricting fluids on these trips now!), and finally a line up to get into the Pinery. Then a trek up and down and up again across the dunes, and finally we're there! Phew.

It was a spectacular day....sunshine, wind, lots of big waves to body surf, sandcastles or "sandcakes", as my son calls them, to build.
On the agenda for today- a little home maintenance, a little cooking, and friends over for drinks on the patio this evening. I have some avocados begging to be made into guacamole, and white wine sangria calling my name.....



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it's about time my friend! So glad to see you on here. And now I can check in on you and see what you are up to! Miss you very much - let's get together soon!

P.S - I'm adding you to my list of favorite blogs on my blog.

Talk to you soon!